Usakos: Smallholding with established Intensive Sheep Farming Unit
5.8 Hectares only 3km South of Usakos
N$3 100 000 (Seller not registered for VAT)
* Price dropped with N$800 000 for a quick sale
Some live stock included in sale: at least 500 chickens, and all goats and sheep (about 16 units) at time of sale
SELLER WILL PROVIDE TRAINING OF ALL ASPECTS OF INTENSIVE SHEEP FARMING
ALL DETAIL AND PHOTOGRAPHS PROVIDED BY SELLER:
The property is located 3 km from Usakos, 240km from Windhoek and 140km from Swakopmund
The property is well positioned to support a variety of businesses. It could be used as a private retreat or the 5 bedroom and three bathroom house can be convert into bed and breakfast business, lodge and campsite .
The intensive farming unit is in production with a solid local meat market and can be a base station for livestock speculation or breeding. Karibib ,Navagab gold mine ,Usakos ,Swakopmund and Walvisbay have a huge meat demand for slaughtered and live animals.
Compos from the animal waste is in high demand .
High value crops such as prickly pear is in progress with one hectare under irrigation red peppers and grapes do well in the area.
Chickens have a huge market with the influence of corona more and more people go for the cheaper meat source.
Hoodia garipensis grows freely in the area is another high value crop that can be cultivate here .
The following factors makes this possible
1. There is sufficient water for long term development. The property is 5,8 hectares.
2. There are an existing pool of skilled laborers in the nearby to town.
3. The property lies near all the main markets.
Description of the property and improvements
1. Brand new 5 bedroom house with 3 bathrooms lounge and TV room with open plan kitchen and dining room , wash up and scullery. Interlock paving and a large barbeque area in the backyard. Double garage and battery room.
2. The solar power system is 48 volts with 24 panels 2 inverters and 16 deep cycle 6 volt batteries. (No need for Erongo Red usage, although connection potential is available)
3. The intensive farming unit can hold 450 ewes in two separate buildings.
4. Two Sheds for storing feed for the animals.
5. One green feed production unit that can produce green fodder for 500 animals daily.
6. Cold room 3x6 meters.
7. Three labor houses with water and electricity.
8. Electric fence around property.
9. 2 Well build chicken houses.
10. Two boreholes one equipped with pump and solar panels at 1500 liters per hour. Two 5000 liter plastic reservoirs connected to the pump.. Municipality water connection is also in place
11. Two day camps for the sheep.
12. One vegetable tunnel 3x25 meters with irrigation.
13. Property is zoned Agricultural and Residential: As property is within the municipal boundaries of Usakos, foreign nationals can also purchase it
Price: N$3 100 000