What is a fidelity fund certificate?

Once you passed the Namibia Estate Agents Board (NEAB) exam you can apply for your Fidelity Fund Certificate (FFC).

A person may not act as an estate agent unless they are in possession of a valid FFC.

In terms of the Namibia Estate Agents Act (112 of 1976), every estate agent and estate agency firm must obtain an FFC from the NEAB. It's illegal to operate as an estate agent unless the NEAB has issued you with an FFC for the current calendar year. It's also illegal to claim commission if you don't have a valid FFC at the time you rendered the services to the client.

All estate agents must also pay a yearly membership fee to the NEAB, failure to do so will mean that you will have to rewrite the NEAB exam to be able to obtain a valid FFC.

This membership fee does not give you permission to act as an estate agent, you still have to register for your FFC before you may act as an estate agent.

Real Estate Tools
Bond Calculator
Calculate the estimated repayments on a home loan and savings with extra payments